Saturday, October 25, 2014

Back to Basics: Eyeliner

Lancome Le Crayon Khol Eyeliner Pencil/ Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen Carbon Black Extreme
I am not even a very high maintenance person but when it comes to makeup, I am definitely the one with most products compared to the barefaced girlfriends around me.  Once in a while there will be some special occasion, and my darlings will freak me out with their badly applied eyeliners. A round of applause for their attempt, but since they don't practice on a daily basis, they draw their eyeliner too far from their lashes, leaving their waterline and lash-line blank. I will always ask for permission to help them with touch up. And this inspired me to write this blogpost for those who want to know how I do my eyeliner.

There are two parts for the liner, the upper waterline and the lashline.
- Fill in the waterline with an eyeliner pencil. The waterline is the white line that reveals underneath the upper lashes when you squeeze open your upper eyelid. I use pencil as it is not as clean and blends in better. 
(I usually just apply eyeliner in my waterline solo if I am going for a more natural, non-eyeliner obvious look.)
- Fill in spaces in between lashes or the lashline with liquid eyeliner pencil. I usually like to start from the end of my eye.
- Drag the eyeliner along the lashline from the end of the eye to the beginning of the eye. Fill in the all spaces in between.
- Wing out at the end of the eye. Extend flat out along the shape of the eye for a natural look.
- Add mascara and false lashes.
Viola. Practice makes perfect.

May the wings of your eyeliner always be even.

No comments:

Post a Comment