Tuesday, January 12, 2016

BLUE MOSQUE

Known for its elegance of blue tiles across the ceilings and interior, Sultan Ahmed or the Blue Mosque still stands in old town of Istanbul as one of the center of attraction. Being my first tour sight and my first mosque visited in my lifetime, it set my Turkey trip with a start of ongoing admirations.
I was hoping to arrive extremely early morning before the usual crowds of visitors but was unfortunately unable to make it being the lazy me as usual. Despite unable to see the mosque solely, it still was my favorite attraction in Istanbul. Not only am I fascinated by its exquisite beauty, the architecture itself somehow releases a charm that you cannot help to approach it and quietly take in its spirit. The scenes of faithful Muslims kneeling onto the floor with their prayers, touch my heart and enriched my soul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment